Acara and all its brands administer their personnel policies and conducts their employment practices in a manner that treats each employee and applicant for employment on the basis of merit and experience, without regard to age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, the company will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy of the company is based upon the philosophy that people should be treated fairly, with dignity; and upon the belief that citizens in a free society have the right to self-determination without fear of discrimination as to personal preference or characteristics beyond their control. Experience continues to confirm our belief that it is good business to have and support personnel policies and practices with a strong commitment to equal opportunity.
In the application of our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy, the company is committed to ensuring that:
- Recruitment and placement for every level and job classification are conducted without regard to an individual’s protected characteristics, as described above.
- Decisions on promotions and transfers are made in accordance with equal opportunity principles and are based on qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the job for which the person is being considered.
- Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action are in no way preferential treatment and do not mean that unqualified persons should be hired or promoted.
- Personnel policies, practices and actions are applied fairly to all employees.
- Affirmative Action Plans are implemented within the company’s organizational units.
- Non-segregated facilities are maintained, and appropriate physical facilities are provided for both male and female employees.
- Reasonable accommodations are available to qualified applicants and employees with disabilities regardless of their employment status.
- Employees are provided information concerning the company’s Equal Employment Opportunity Policy and Affirmative Action Program, where appropriate.
- The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy of the company is monitored by conducting annual, regular reviews.
In addition, managers and non-management employees are held accountable for any conduct toward their subordinates or co-workers that may be defined as sexual harassment, including sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, or physical or verbal conduct of a harassing nature which is intimidating or demeaning, or otherwise creates a hostile work environment. Any such proven misconduct may be cause for immediate termination from employment.
Acara will not allow any form of retaliation against individuals who make good faith reports of alleged violations of this policy, or who cooperate in the company’s investigation of such reports, even if the reports do not reveal any wrongdoing.
Acara posts this statement to inform applicants and employees of the company’s commitment to equal opportunity in employment. For further information, please contact Acaras’ Corporate Human Resources Department at email@example.com.
Scott R. Stenclik and Lynne Marie Finn